Bradford, PA 16701
Home > Education and Prevention Services > SCAN/PEP Early Intervention
SCAN/PEP Early Intervention
(Screening Children to Assess Needs/Prescriptive Education Program)
SCAN/PEP is a resource for children under age three with developmental delays and those who are at risk of developing delays. Services are tailored to meet the needs of the child and family and may include:
- Specialized Instruction
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Hearing and Visual Services
- Children under age three, residing in Cameron, Clarion, Elk, McKean, Warren or Potter Counties, delayed by 25% of their age or who are at risk for developing delays.
- Services are available free of charge, and are offered at times and locations convenient for families.
Services are offered in the family home or at other convenient locations such as a daycare setting in:
- Cameron County
- Clarion County
- Elk County
- McKean County
- Potter County
- Warren County
SCAN/PEP staff are degreed, certified or licensed according to the highest professional standards set for their field. Early Intervention Specialists are Bachelor Degreed in Education or a related field. Physical and Occupational Therapists possess a Pennsylvania License and a Master's Degree in Physical or Occupational Therapy. Speech Pathologists possess a Pennsylvania License and a Master's Degree in Speech and Language Pathology. Teachers of the hearing or visually impaired possess a Bachelor's or Master's Degree and Certification in their field.
Information regarding the services offered by The Guidance Center can be obtained by calling (814) 887-5591.
To schedule an assessment, contact the Early Intervention Service Coordinator from the county where the child resides:
- Potter County - (814) 544-7315
- Clarion - (814) 226-4122
- Cameron County - (814) 772-8111
- Elk County - (814) 772-8111
- McKean County - (814) 887-9287
- Warren County - (814) 726-2100