A nurse schedules home visits at the convenience of the family. The frequency of visits is based on each family’s needs and preferences.
Nurse Education Services are provided as an additional support in conjunction with Parents As Teachers.
McKean County families with infants and toddlers birth to age 3 can receive free home visits from a nurse to support child health, nutrition, and care needs.
Services include support for:
- Breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Improving sleeping patterns
- Interpreting medical records
- Communicating symptoms that may indicate medication adjustment needs
- Recognizing medical needs
Nurse Education Services May Help If Your Child
- Was born prematurely
- Had a low birth weight
- Has reflux
- Has anemia
- Has a developmental delay
- Has seizures
- Experiences feeding difficulties
- Has a chronic illness
Nurse Education Services May Help If You
- Have questions about infant/toddler sleeping, feeding, or nutrition
- Would like additional support/information and assistance in monitoring your child’s health needs
- Are experiencing post-partum depression, a chronic illness, or other family stress
- Are a first time parent