Commitment to Quality Outpatient services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychologists and specially trained and certified masters level clinicians.
The Guidance Center is one of ten clinics in Pennsylvania to be designated as a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic due to the agency’s commitment to staff credentialing and clinical excellence, use of evidence-based practices, availability and timely access to services, care coordination, behavioral and health service integration, and continuous quality improvement.
Evidence-based Therapies Offered
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is used to treat individuals with both mental health and substance use disorders, individuals with depression, post-traumatic stress, eating disorders, and those with borderline personality disorders.
Aggression Replacement Training is a group delivered treatment designed to help children and adolescents with aggressive behavior to improve social skills and anger management.
Parent-Child Interaction Therapy is play therapy treatment for young children with conduct-disorder that focuses on improving behavior through parent-child interactions.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy is designed to treat post-traumatic stress and related emotional and behavioral problems in children and adolescents.
Cognitive Processing Therapy is used to treat trauma in older adolescent and adults, especially veterans.
Seeking Safety is used to treat individuals with a history of trauma and substance abuse.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is used to help people process traumatic events.
The Guidance Center utilizes a strength-based, person-centered, family-centered, holistic approach in effort to support individuals in meeting their personal goals for wellness and recovery. A variety of evidence-based therapy approaches are offered.
Mental health treatment is provided at five community clinic locations including Bradford, Kane, Smethport and Port Allegany in McKean County and Coudersport in Potter County. In addition, The Guidance Center operates 12 School Based Outpatient Clinics in the McKean County Schools.
Substance abuse treatment is provided at the Bradford clinic in McKean County. Evening and Saturday appointments are available.
Services are billed to your health insurance and offered on a sliding scale for self-pay individuals.
- Psychological testing and diagnostic services including mental health and substance use disorder diagnosis, traumatic brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and dementia.
- Mental health and substance abuse counseling is facilitated through individual, couples, family and group counseling. Special groups are provided to address grief, eating disorders, and treatment of offenders including successful reentry after incarceration.
- Psychiatric assessment and medication management is provided by psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners with specialties in child and adolescent, geriatric and addictions services. Telemedicine is utilized to access specialized diagnostic and treatment services for children under the age of five.
- Wellness services are offered including service coordination with primary health care providers.
- Co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders
- Eating disorders
- Mood disorders
- Domestic violence issues
- Life transitions
- Anger management
- Relationship and family issues
- Gender and sexuality issues
- Post-partum depression
- Veterans services
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Personality disorders
- Support for family members dealing with substance use or mental health disorder of a loved one