Wellness Nurse Services, a program through Blended Case Management, is available to individuals with a serious mental health diagnosis and a chronic health condition. Services include primary care coordination, wellness education, and consultation.
Wellness is multidimensional and holistic, and includes lifestyle, mental, physical, and spiritual well-being, and the environment. Achieving wellness is part of the recovery process of living a self-directed life and reaching one’s full potential.
- Health and wellness assessment and goal setting
- Monitoring of blood pressure, weight, Body Mass Index
- Periodic physical and behavioral health screenings
- Monitoring of chronic conditions
- Coordination of physical health and behavioral health services
- Medication monitoring
- Individual and group wellness coaching
- Wellness web tools and resources
Wellness Coaching Topics
- Managing chronic conditions
- Improving health through lifestyle changes
- Medication education, side effects, and interactions
- Nutrition and impact on behavioral health
- Maintaining a healthy diet and meal planning
- Exercise and weight management
- Tobacco reduction or cessation
- Improving sleep
- Stress management
- Alternative therapies including herbalism, homeopathy, and acupuncture
Wellness Nurse Services
Wellness Nurse services are delivered free of charge to individuals who are enrolled in Medical Assistance, with a history or presence of a serious mental health diagnosis and the presence of a chronic health condition.
Services are delivered by a specially trained Registered Nurse at The Guidance Center’s outpatient clinic in Bradford.