Job Overview: A Home Visitor will become certified as a Parent Educator who implements the Parents as Teachers Evidence Based Model program. Home visitors partner with caregivers to help them understand, appreciate, and encourage growth in each stage of their child’s development by facilitating activities with parents and their children, and promoting reflection regarding the strengths of the family.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide personal home visits to families using the Parents as Teachers (PAT) instructional curriculum-based activities, methods and materials that include goal setting, developmental surveillance and connecting to resources.
- Web based curriculum planning and documentation
- Conduct initial and annual child health reviews, and screenings
- Travel throughout the designated service area for delivery of Home Visits
- Provide monthly Group Connections that support families social connections and interactions that increase their understanding of their child’s development.
- Participate in agency staff meetings, reflective supervision, and professional development.
- Engage families and promote the Parents as Teachers Program utilizing a strength-based approach to interactions that includes strong communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Acquire knowledge and expertise in the use of program computerized Client Management Systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, health, psychology, human development and family studies, nursing, or another related field preferred. Associate degree in related field with experience working with young children is acceptable.
Please fill out the following application and e-mail it to HR@guidancecenter.net as part of your application: TGC Application.