Job Overview: Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible to provide diagnostic assessments, evaluations, therapy, counseling, and support services for a mixed caseload (adults, children/adolescents, and families) to those experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, or family issues. Will provide mental health therapy in an office setting and via telehealth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position requires a Professional who is knowledgeable in areas of mental health and intellectual disabilities, in relationship to children, adults, and families.
- Professional will be required to perform independently as a Mental Health Therapist in the environment and in collaboration with other professionals in the practice.
- Professional will be required to participate in any other therapeutic and agency activities assigned by the Director of Provider and Community Relations.
- Professional will be responsible for evaluations, and providing individual, family, group therapy and parent counseling/training.
- Professional will be responsible for timely documentation of all clinical sessions and completion of various forms related to work assignments; including but not limited to evaluations, treatment plans, progress notes and discharge notes.
- Professional will be responsible for providing consultation and education expertise to community agencies and schools in a collaborative fashion, as needed.
- Professional will be competent at administering psychometric tests, as appropriate.
- Professional will be responsible for evaluating emergency crisis cases for Crisis Intervention when necessary.
- Professional will be responsible for related work activities necessary for efficient functioning of the center and subsequently the private practice.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of mental health diagnoses and treatments in areas of mental health and intellectual disabilities, in relationship to children, adults and families and possess the skills necessary to facilitate positive change in a clinical setting.
- Masters degree in the field of psychology, social work, counseling education or human services
- Clinical license
- Additional Information:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with clients, staff and outside agencies
Please fill out the following application and e-mail it to HR@guidancecenter.net as part of your application: TGC Application.